The keyboard market has significantly become much larger than before. Aside from the Tenkeyless keyboards or also known as the TKL or 80%/87% and 65% keyboards, we now have the 75% keyboards.
75% keyboards are on the rise to popularity right now. They are great for people who are looking for a compact and light keyboard that has fewer keys like the 65% keyboard but still needs both the arrow keys and function row. So, if you’re looking for the best 75% keyboard to bring on the go or use for your setup, then this article is just the one for you!
We’ve listed 5 75% keyboards that might pique your interest!
- Double-shot Injection Molded Keycaps
- Mechanical Blue Switches with 60±15g actuation force.
- 50 million keystroke lifespan.
- Blue Backlit Mechanical Keyboard
- R5 ergonomic key design
- Anti-ghosting 82 Keys
- Aluminum and ABS construction
- Compact 84-key N-key rollover design
- Outemu mechanical switches
- Double-shot ABS Keycaps
- Features RGB backlight, with 7 global lighting modes and 5 interactive lighting modes
- C – type cable connection
- Features three modes
- Uses a 3750mAh Big Mac
- Great hub design
- RGB backlight
- Uses a 4000 mAh big battery
- N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode
- 50 million keystroke lifespan
- Hot-Swappable Blue Switches
- Has 98 RGB Backlit modes
- Anti-ghosting 81 Keys
- N-key rollover
- Ergonomic design
What is a 75% Keyboard?
The term “75% keyboard” refers to keyboards with a smaller layout (approximately 70% to 75% of the width of a full-size keyboard) but preserve the F key row at the top. When compared to a Tenkeyless keyboard or also known as the TKL or 80%-87%, 75% keyboards are popular because they only eliminate or downsize a few keys.
Most of the space is saved by narrowing the gap between different parts of the keyboard and grouping keys like Insert, Delete, and Home keys into a single column typically found on the right side of the keyboard.
A 75 % keyboard includes all of the function keys, arrows, and a vertical strip of navigation keys. Approximately four keys are included in the compact size, with some boards having a good number of excess space between “F” keys. Other than that, there are also a variety of other options, like cordless connectivity, interchangeable keys, and what every gamer looks for, RGB backlighting.
Furthermore, because of these modifications, finding replacement keycaps can be difficult at times, but it’s not at all impossible. But overall, a 75% keyboard is just like a 60% keyboard, just made with a function row.
List of the Best 75% Keyboard
1. AJAZZ FIRSTBLOOD ONLY GAME. AK33 Geek Mechanical Keyboard
- Portable 82 keys layout: Unique layout design, on the premise of ensuring complete functionality, to minimize the size to 12.2 x 4.72 inches, saving your desktop space.
- Illuminated keyboard: Single Blue Backlit Mechanical Keyboard comes with Double-shot Injection Molded Keycaps.
- Blue switches: Special Modified Blue Switches offer the same experience as Cherry MX Blue and life span reaches up to 50 million.
- Anti-fatigue, suitable for long time use.
- Anti-ghosting 82 Keys: Allows multiple keys to work simultaneously with high speed.
- Broad compatibility
AJAZZ is a high-end gaming peripheral brand that focuses on designing and delivering high-performance products. So, AJAZZ made a great 75% keyboard which is the AK33. The AK33 is a great 75% mechanical keyboard with a size of 12.2 x 4.72 inches to help save some space on your desk.
This keyboard provides the most realistic mechanical experience available. It also features an R5 ergonomic key design in a variety of key shapes that aren’t present on standard keyboards. The double-shot injection molded keycaps on this Mechanical Keyboard provide the greatest touch feeling. It also sports a bright, clear backlight and non-scratchable text on the keycaps, delivering you a crystal-clear visual and user experience, perfect for everyday use.
It has an aluminum and ABS construction, customized mechanical switches, and a specialized control chip, all of which ensure the highest quality control, as well as remarkable sturdiness and reliable performance. It also comes with a USB cord that can be plugged in and is portable. It will operate perfectly in any circumstance, including work, gaming, and daily use. It also has unique blue switches, as well as a 50 million cycle life expectancy.
It is also ergonomically designed with key designs in various key shapes, anti-fatigue, suitable for long time use, whether it’s work, typing, or games. And lastly, just like every other mechanical keyboard, the AK33 is made with 100% anti-ghosting 82 keys that work in tandem with professional game chips to offer consistently correct results without any software errors.
- Compact and small, perfect for smaller desk areas
- Perfect for everyday use
- Has great features
- Works seamlessly
- Does not have certain keys
- Does not have any games between keys
2. Smart Duck XS-84 75% TKL Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Compact 84-key N-key rollover design has universal keys.
- Allows more space for your mouse, and brings it closer to the center for better ergonomics.
Equipped with high-performance Outemu mechanical switches that have excellent touch, sensitivity, and response performance, can be used up to 5000 times.
- The 12 commonly used keys are hot-swappable switches, which can be hot-swapped at wish and replaced by other switches.
High-quality Double-shot ABS Keycaps display keyboard characters.
- Dirt-resistant and easy to clean without fading, the service time can reach several years.
- C – type cable connection design can provide stability underwired mode.
The Smart Duck XS-84 75% keyboard is another keyboard added to the list of great mechanical keyboards that also offers great value for your money. Just like any other 75% keyboard, it offers 84 keys that are the most essential for the majority of individuals. It is also compact enough to fit in most desk spaces. This mechanical keyboard includes the function row along the top, a full set of arrows, and a single column of home keys.
This keyboard has a minimal, sleek design with a bright RGB backlight that can be customized with a push of a button. To provide optimal visibility when typing, the keys illuminate brightly through the double-shot legends. The 12 most regularly used keys are hot-swappable switches that can be switched out for different switches at any time. The Smart Duck XS-84 satisfies the requirements of DIY gamers by allowing them to replace switches, as well as reducing the rate of damage.
The RGB backlight on the keyboard has 7 global lighting options and 5 interactive lighting modes, and you can change the brightness and speed to get the optimum performance. The RGB effects are especially remarkable given the Smart Duck’s cheaper price. The software also has a lot of RGB control and the option to assign custom colors.
The keyboard wire may be plugged in and out, making it simple to transport. With a double outlet design on the back, you can tidy up the line and the desktop.
Furthermore, despite the fact that the case is merely made of plastic, it is quite sturdy, durable, and heavy. There are four rubber feet beneath to keep it from sliding on surfaces. You’ll also notice two plastic feet that may be adjusted for a better typing experience and to reduce hand fatigue.
- Great value for your money
- Durable build
- Customizable RGB backlight
- Semi hot-swappable switches
- Reduced hand fatigue
- Made out of plastic (some don’t like plastic builds)
3. RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK84
- It is the first generation of RGB three-mode wireless keyboards on the market.
- Wireless mode with stable Bluetooth 5.0, hassle-free 2.4Ghz dongle plus USB-C wired mode set no limits about your keyboard connection.
- 84 Keys: cuts more clumsy space off while supporting the same functionality as a practical arrow, multimedia, and control keys.
The RK84 is a great mid-range mechanical keyboard with a compact design. It is aesthetically made, perfect for those who are looking for a minimalist design for their layout. One of the advantages of this keyboard is that it is highly customizable. Another distinguishing feature of the RK84 is its connectivity, which comes in three modes: Bluetooth 5.0, 2.5 GHz wireless, and USB Type-C.
The unique part of the RK84’s build is that the embedded frame is removable, which you can customize to your preferences. This enables the keycaps to “float,” plus, the front Royal Kludge emblem is completely removed so you can add your own touch.
In addition to that, the RK84 allows you to customize your keybindings. You can find the appropriate software version according to the S/N code on the back of the keyboard. The hot-swap PCB allows you to replace 3 pins/5 pins switches freely without soldering issues.
Each switch features an RGB LED with several color settings controlled by software. It also has 21 integrated RGB lighting options to choose from depending on your preferences. There are also 5 levels of brightness and a variable flow speed. So, turn on the lights and bask in your RGB ambiance.
The plastic case is solid and has very little flex in terms of construction. But take note that the stabilizers may require some tweaking because they can be somewhat loud. The two built-in USB pass-through ports on the back of the casing are another updated feature. Other gaming accessories, such as a headset and mouse, can also be plugged in here.
Finally, RK made a 3750 mAh keyboard that can last up to 200 hours when used continuously with the brightness turned off, and it only takes 6-7 hours to fully charge. This is a significant improvement over previous RK models.
- Uses 3750 mAh
- RGB backlighting
- Removable embedded frame
- Great value for your money
- Has great features
- Stabilizers are quite weak
- No battery life indicator
4. Keychron K2 Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
- A 75% layout (84-key) RGB backlight compact Bluetooth mechanical keyboard.
- Connects with up to 3 devices via Bluetooth 5.1 and switches among them easily. It also has a wired mode with a USB Type-C connection.
- Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating systems are included.
- 4000 mAh
- N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.
- Charming RGB backlight with elegant keycap legends helps to type in dime environments, you can also choose other static color backlight modes.
- Durable Gateron mechanical switch with 50 million keystroke lifespan, providing unrivaled tactile responsiveness on the brown switch.
When it comes to value, the Keychron K2 sets the standard extremely high, providing a well-built keyboard with many switch and lighting options at a very reasonable price. It has an excellent build quality, with a metal frame and no flex. Additionally, the K2 is one of our favorites!
It works on both Windows and Mac computers. This keyboard will attract many Mac users in general because it is one of the very few keyboards that has a multifunctional Mac layout. What’s great about this keyboard is that it has Mac and Windows keycaps in the box, as well as a Mac-style Function row, making it relatively Mac-friendly while still functioning perfectly on Windows computers/PCs.
It’s worth noting that the keyboard with PBT keycaps is sold separately. The standard variant has lower-quality keycaps. These have a pleasant feel to them, however, they aren’t as durable as the PBT keycaps.
The build quality is sturdy and robust thanks to the aluminum plates that mount on the side of the plastic. However, it does include ABS keycaps, and while the functions allow you to personalize the keys, Keychron does not give any software to modify the layouts or create macros.
One area where the K2 excels is connectivity. This keyboard is fantastic since it allows you to switch between three different devices utilizing Bluetooth 5.1, in addition to being able to work in both wireless and wired modes using a USB Type-C port.
The keyboard’s battery life also exceeds the RK84, since it can last up to 72 hours typing, or up to 7 days of normal use with its 4000 mAh big battery.
- Features a 4000mAh big battery
- Reliable connectivity
- An aluminum plate is used
- Great for Mac users
- Not very ergonomic
- Bluetooth connection lags sometimes
- Has ABS keycaps
5. HUO JI E-Yooso Z-88 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Hot-Swappable Blue Switches
- Total 98 RGB Backlit modes:
- Double-shot injection molded keycaps for clear backlighting and extreme durability.
- Anti-ghosting 81 Keys, N-key rollover: Allowing multi-keys to work simultaneously with high speed.
- Durability and Wide Compatibility: Made of metal panel and top ABS, with matte-finish texture and gold plated USB connector, it is sturdy and robust.
- Compatible with Windows10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Mac OS X.
- Key Shortcuts and Ergonomic design: Easy to access a calculator, email, web browser, volume, media, etc with FN+F1-F12. Provides Windows Key lock for gaming.
It’s the Cherry MX blue counterpart. The base plate is made of a combination of plastic and metal and is as sturdy as those found on much more expensive keyboards. Since it is made with metal plate-mounted switches, it is designed to be long-lasting, responsive, and durable. It has a medium resistance, a pleasant click sound, and tactile feedback.
The RGB backlit on the Z-88 has 7 colors, over 90 RGB backlit settings, and 5 backlight brightness levels that you may personalize to your heart’s content. The Z-88 also sports blue mechanical switches with a 50 million keystroke lifespan, so you can trust it to last a long time. Furthermore, each key is controlled by its switch, allowing you to play high-quality games with quick responses.
It includes a 3° or 8° adjustable holder, and the ergonomic design allows you to play for an extended period of time without becoming fatigued. It also comes with a 1.8-meter USB cable with a convenient three-way channel for routing the cable left, up, or right. Finally, it is splash-resistant, ensuring that any spills will not destroy your keyboard.
- Ergonomically designed
- Has a convenient three-way channel
- Lags a bit sometimes
What are The Benefits of Using a 75% Keyboard?
Individuals tend to choose compact builds for a variety of reasons, one of which is to conserve desk space. You’d also have to sacrifice (or not) a few keys you don’t use to get a smaller build. That is possible with 75% keyboards without sacrificing too many keys. 75 % of keyboards do not feature a Numpad, which few people use if they don’t work in a field where numbers are used frequently.
You might wonder why preserving desk space is important. Individuals with smaller desk space, for example, would like it. Moreover, individuals who use their desks for purposes other than working on computers would benefit from more desk space.
What are The Disadvantages of Using a 75% Keyboard?
While there are advantages to using a 75% keyboard, there are also drawbacks. One of these is that many 75% keyboards do not have a space between the arrow keys and the rest of the keyboard, which may frustrate some individuals who utilize that gap to locate these keys. The navigational keys are the same way, although they’re normally on the right edge of the keyboard.
It also lacks some keys, particularly the Numpad, which could be a drawback if you use these keys frequently. But if you’re not one of the individuals who use the Numpad that often, then this may not affect you at all.
Using a 75% keyboard may require a bit of time to get used to, but once you get used to it, these disadvantages may be forgotten.
Using a 75% Keyboard for Gaming
Almost any game can be played with a 75% keyboard, generally speaking. They are the smallest form factor that incorporates most of the keys you would need for gaming. You have the arrow keys, WASD, and IJKL keys, which are the most important in gaming.
And in games that require the number keys to be able to switch your weapons, you may not have the Numpad, but you still have number keys at the top. You also have all of the F-Key which emulators frequently use to save and load settings. Those keys are also used in some games to access menus and other features.
Lastly, some gamers might appreciate the 75% keyboards’ compact design since they’ll have more mouse space to move.
75% keyboards are a true gift as they aim to enhance comfort and portability while conserving valuable workspace. They are perfect for people who want to save space but still get most of the functions of a keyboard. Additionally, it is also great for gaming and even for customization since most of the keyboards listed above are amazing for personalizing. Nevertheless, the choice is always up to you. So, happy choosing!