When you buy the PlayStation 5, at its startup, the console will walk you through the setup process, its features, and a few basic settings you can adjust, like the screen reader.
That being said, Sony introduced the screen reader feature to the PS5 and PS5 digital editions with the launch of the latest PlayStation 5. The screen reader, on the other hand, does exactly what its name implies: it reads all of the screen content while also providing advice.
This new feature, however, is not for everyone. You may not want your console to speak to you. Or you might find it quite annoying. So you may be wondering, “How to Turn Off Voice on PS5?”
Don’t worry! We’re going to walk you through the steps of disabling this feature in this article. So, let’s get into it!
As the name suggests, the screen reader will narrate any and all of the text on the screen and read it aloud to the gamer. This is especially useful for gamers who have impaired sight.
This feature can be quite annoying if you don’t have any issues with your eyes. Many gamers tend to disable this feature as soon as possible. So, disabling the screen reader is an easy process. It can be done by following the steps below:
If you want to turn off the voice of your PS5, just follow these steps:
- First, go to the PS5 home screen.
Photo Credits to Android Central
- Click on the “Settings” icon which is located on the right side of the home screen.
- From the settings menu, on the left side of the screen, select “Accessibility.”
- From the accessibility tab, scroll down and press “Screen Reader.”
Photo Credits to PlayStation
- From there, you can disable the screen reader by clicking on “Enable Screen Reader.”
- Now, you can now finally use your PS5 without getting annoyed by hearing the female voice from the screen reader.
There is an alternative way to access the screen reader feature and disable it much more easily. To do this, press the PS button on your controller to access the control center. From your control center, click on “Voice Command” to turn it off. Alternatively, you can also do this to enable the screen reader.
The new voice command feature allows gamers to control the console without having to click any buttons. Instead, gamers can utilize the voice assistant on the PlayStation 5 system to navigate through the console.
Enabling the voice reader is as simple as disabling the screen reader. Just follow these steps:
- Go to the PS5 home screen.
- Click on the settings icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Select “Accessibility” option.
- Select “Screen Reader” option.
- From the “Screen Reader” tab, you can enable the feature. The screen reader is enabled when the toggle is white.
- When the toggle is white, you can edit its settings such as the speech speed, voice type, and voice volume.
Yes, you can turn on the voice commands on the PS5. You can easily do this by going to your settings. Click on the voice command option and swipe the toggle to activate voice command.
You can change the voice on your PS5 and use your favorite sounds or upload other sounds from your PC. To do this, you have to create your own soundboard for your PS5.
It is easy to disable voice chat if you do not want people to hear you. The Sound option allows you to mute your controller speaker by sliding the volume all the way down. This will allow you to remain silent and avoid entering voice chat rooms.
Yes, you can activate PS5 with Alexa by using the HDMI CEC feature on your TV. Enabling Alexa or Google Assistant with your PS5 will help form a connection between your TV and console. In addition, Alexa and Google Assistant will also be capable of reading all of your account’s activity and gadgets.
Yes, provided that the soundbar has an HDMI input and an HDMI output/ARC connector, you can connect it to the PS5.
That’s a wrap! The screen reader feature is definitely a great feature, especially for those who need it. But, it can be annoying for those who don’t.
We hope this guide helped you.
If you want to check out our articles about the PS5 and other gaming-related articles, then check us out here.