The Xbox game console series is among the best gaming consoles available today. You might know that already, but did you know that one of the reasons for its popularity is its feature, game sharing? Well, don’t worry if you’re unsure what “game sharing” is! We’re going to talk all about what you should know and how to Game Share Xbox games with your family and friends!
Let’s get into it!
Photo Credits to Xbox.com
What is Game Share on Xbox?
Before proceeding, you might be wondering what Xbox Game Sharing is. Well, Xbox has a feature called Game Share that allows you to share any digital content, including games, with your friends and family. This feature allows users to share and play games by allowing two individuals access to each other’s game libraries and even their Xbox Live Gold subscriptions, Game Pass memberships, and many more. It essentially provides users with privileges with just a single purchase. This feature can save you tons of money. But of course, Game Share also has a few limitations, like the fact that the person who purchased the game still owns it, so they can easily remove access.
Now that you know what Game Share is, let’s talk about how you can set up Game Share on your Xbox One and/or Xbox X/S Series.
How to Game Share Xbox?
Now that you know what “game sharing” is, we’re going to tell you how you can start sharing your games.
- The first step is to turn on your Xbox console and sign in to your Xbox Live account where you will be sharing the games.
- Next, press the Xbox guide button on your controller and scroll to the right-hand side of the menu screen where the Profile & System page is located, and select “Add or Switch.”
- After, select “Add new” and enter the email address and password of the account that has the games you want to share. When you are now logged into the Xbox Live account, you can now go ahead to the next step.
- Next, click on the Xbox guide button again and go back to Profile & System then select “Settings.”
- Once you’re on the settings page, select “General” on the left-hand side of the screen and select “Personalization,” then select “My home Xbox.”
- From this page, select “Make this my home Xbox” to make your console the home Xbox of your family or friends’ profile so they can access your games, your Xbox Live Gold Subscription, Game Pass Membership, etc.
- To confirm, simply select “Make this my home Xbox.”
- After confirming, all you have to do now is to install the games you want to share on “My games and apps” to your console. Now, when your Game Share partner signs in to your console, they will be able to play the games you’ve installed.
After doing the steps, ask your Game Share partner whether they’re able to access your games from your library.
Important: Remember that you only have a limit of five times a year to change your home Xbox settings, so keep in mind how many times you’ve already changed them.
Things You Should Know Before Game Sharing on Xbox One and X/S Series
Now that you know how to Game Share, there are a few things you must remember.
- You must know that the game sharing feature is only limited to two individuals at a time. There is no way to add another user to the circle of game sharing unless you stop game sharing with the original person you were game sharing with. However, there is a plan that can allow up to 5 people to Game Share, which is the Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family. But it’s currently only available in select countries.
- The next thing you should know is that Game Share only works with digital copies of the game. You can’t Game Share with physical game copies since they can only be used with one Xbox console at a time.
- Take note that game sharing also has offline limitations. You cannot play your digital games offline if your console is not the home Xbox anymore. That implies that in order to access them, you must always be connected to your internet.
- The last thing you must keep in mind before you use the Game Share feature is to only Game Share with individuals you trust since you will be sharing your account information that may contain sensitive information.
What Will You Be Able to Share?
As we’ve mentioned, to Game Share, you will have to share your account information, as will the other individual. Other than the account sharing, when you Game Share with someone, you will have access to their:
- Xbox Live Gold Membership,
- The entire game library that they have purchased from the Microsoft Store, as well as other titles from different subscription services,
- Their Game Pass subscription, and even
- Their DLCs, special edition game content, and pre-order bonuses.
How to Remove an Individual from Game Share?
You just need to designate the console you’re currently using as your Home console if you ever want to restrict someone from playing your games. Their console will still have your games installed on it, but they won’t be able to play them anymore.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Game Share Across Different Gaming Platforms?
Game sharing across different gaming platforms, like PS4 and Xbox, is currently unavailable. You must have the same gaming console as the one you’re game sharing with.
How Many People Can I Game Share With on Xbox?
Currently, you can only Game Share with one person at a time. But you can change your Game Share partner up to five times in one year. Since you’re only able to change your Game Share partner five times in one year, be sure that you use those well to ensure that you’re able to make use of the Game Share feature to its full capacity. Also, be very sure of who you’re game sharing with since you’ll be sharing private information with each other.
That’s a Wrap!
Being one of the most popular gaming consoles on the market, you should definitely know how to utilize all of its amazing features, like Game Share. This Game Share feature lets you save a lot of money, legally. So, use this feature to your advantage, have fun, and save money!
That’s a wrap! We hope this article helped you!