Do you have an Xbox, and you’re not quite satisfied with your Gamertag? Don’t worry! We’re going to show you how to change Xbox Gamertag in two easy ways down below!
Photo Credits to Xbox
Your Gamertag is somewhat your alias or identity in the Xbox world. It’s what other people see in the Xbox community. Your Gamertag shows your alias, a profile picture or avatar, and a bit of information you input. But when you first create your account, the Xbox will create an automatic Gamertag for you, and you might not be satisfied with that, which is totally fine! A gamertag can also help you quickly find your friends for game sharing.
But whatever the reason why you want to change your Gamertag, we’ve got you covered! We’ll show you how easy it is to change your Gamertag below!
There are two ways you can change your Xbox Gamertag: through your Xbox console and through the web.
Here’s how you can change your Gamertag on your Xbox console:
- The first step is to press the Xbox button on your console to open up the guide page. Scroll to the right until you see Profile & System.
- Next, select your Xbox profile and click “Customize Profile.”
- Once you have selected “Customize Profile,” select “Choose new Gamertag.”
- From there, you can now input your new Gamertag. Check whether or not the new Gamertag you input is available. If it’s available, you’ll see a preview of what your gamertag will look like. Once you’re satisfied, click “Confirm.”
If you don’t want to change your Gamertag on your Xbox console, you can easily change it on the change Gamertag page. If you’re not yet logged into your account, it will prompt you to log in so you can change your Gamertag.
- The first step is to log in to your account and go to the change Gamertag page on the Xbox website.
- From the change Gamertag page, you will see a prompt where you can type in your new Gamertag of choice.
- On this page, you will also see the availability of your chosen Gamertag. If the Gamertag you input is available, you’ll see how it will look on the platform.
- Once you’re satisfied, you can confirm your new Gamertag.
There are a few things you have to know when you’re changing your Gamertag, which include:
- Existing Gamertags include an additional suffix that consists of a hash symbol (#) and a series of numbers. Several users of the same Gamertag can coexist while yet being distinguishable by these suffixes.
- When you change your Gamertag, your old Gamertag will be placed back into the database where other people can now use your old Gamertag.
- The first time you change your Gamertag will be free of charge. But the next time you do it, you would have to pay $9.99 (the price may vary depending on your location) to change it.
Your initial Gamertag change will be free of charge. But, you would have to spend $9.99 (the price may vary based on your location) to replace it the next time.
In reality, you can change your gamertag multiple times. Just remember that only the first change will be free of charge. Any succeeding changes will cost you about $9.99, depending on where you live.
That’s a wrap! We hope this article helped you easily change your Xbox gamertag!