Are you looking for new gaming headphones with great sound quality, a long battery life, and comfort? If so, then you’re at the right place! We will be discussing the top 7 best Sennheiser headphones for gaming that can spruce up your gaming setup!
Sennheiser is one of the best brands and is a top contender that delivers top-notch audio quality. Their gaming headphones and gaming headsets are very reliable and consistently provide excellent performance at a reasonable price. They offer various types of Sennheiser gaming headphones and Sennheiser gaming headsets for different price points and styles. So, you’ll definitely find one that’s perfect for you.
You’re probably overwhelmed with the amount of great Sennheiser headphones to choose from. But don’t worry! We’re here to provide you with our top 7 best Sennheiser headphones for gaming.
Let’s get into it!
What are the Best Sennheiser Headphones for Gaming?
Here, I have listed our top 7 best Sennheiser headphones for gaming. In this guide, we’ve ranked and reviewed the best Sennheiser gaming headphones based on their sound quality, connectivity, comfort, design, and other features.
Note: The order in which the headphones are listed has no bearing on the rankings.
|Product Image||Product Name|
|Sennheiser Professional HD 280 PRO-Best budget|
|Sennheiser HD 599 – Best soundstage|
|Sennheiser RS 175 RF Wireless – Best value|
|Sennheiser HD 598 – Best design|
|Sennheiser Momentum 3 – Best Overall|
|Sennheiser HD 660 S – Best realistic audio|
|Sennheiser HD 800 S – Best audiophile headphones|
- Sennheiser Professional HD 280 PRO – Best Budget Sennheiser Headphones
- High ambient noise attenuation
- Accurate, linear sound reproduction
- Soft earpads for a comfortable fit
- Folding and rotating earcups for space-saving transport
- Tough, single-sided cable
The Sennheiser 280 PRO is among the cheapest headphones we’ve reviewed. But despite its cheaper price, its overall performance and build quality do not disappoint.
It surprisingly has a great sound quality that has nice lows, distinct mids, and very clear highs. The 280 PRO also provides you with detailed sound and great gaming audio. These headphones are a great companion for both gaming and recording.
The 280 PRO are closed-back headphones that offer you an immersive gaming experience. It also sports a robust construction, so you won’t have to worry about bumps or knocks. Despite its sturdy build, it still offers great comfort with its padded ear cups and cushioned headband, which is awesome for long gaming sessions.
These gaming headphones are also travel-friendly with their unique collapsible design and swiveling ear cups. This headphone also features a noise-isolating microphone.
The Sennheiser 280 PRO is a high-performing budget gaming headphone for both PC gaming and music production.
- It features a collapsible design and swiveling ear cups.
- It has a noise-isolating microphone.
- It sports a closed-ear design for a more immersive experience.
- It is a great versatile headphones, perfect for gaming or production.
- It has a cord with different sizes to choose from.
- Noise-isolating microphone
- Comfortable design
- Tight headband for bigger-sized heads
- Sennheiser HD 599 – Best Soundstage
- Premium, around-ear, open-back headphones
- Padded headband and luxurious velour-covered ear pads
- 3-meter detachable cable and 6.3-millimeter jack and additional 1.2-meter detachable cable with 3.5 millimeter Jack
- Aluminum voice coils
The Sennheiser HD 599 is a gamer-favorite as it has some of the best features for both pro and casual gaming.
It has an impressive neutral sound with a well-balanced sound profile. The HD 599 headphones feature an open-back design, which allows these headphones to have a great soundstage. The open-back design offers excellent sound quality without blocking out ambient sound.
The HD 599 is built with a premium design that adds spice to your gaming setup. In terms of comfort, it has very soft ear cups and a very lightweight headband, which is great for long gaming sessions.
Thanks to its detachable cables, you can use the HD 599 with different devices. It has a 3-meter detachable cable with a 6.3-millimeter jack and an additional 1.2-meter detachable cable with a 3.5-millimeter jack. With the multiple connectivity options, you can use it for your gaming consoles, mobile gaming, PC gaming, and even music production.
The biggest drawback of these open-back gaming headphones is their microphone, or lack thereof.
- The HD 599 sports an open-back design that delivers top-notch spatial sounds to enhance the game audio.
- It has an aesthetically pleasing design and color palette.
- It doesn’t block out ambient noise, which could make or break these headphones.
- Light and comfortable design.
- Aesthetically pleasing design.
- It has multiple connectivity options.
- Great value for your money.
- It does not have a microphone.
- It does not block out ambient noise.
- Sennheiser RS 175 RF Wireless – Best Value
- Compact, ergonomic over-ear headphones
- Bass boost and surround sound listening modes
- Digital wireless technology
The Sennheiser RS 175 is among the best wireless headphones from Sennheiser. It is a great, versatile headphone that can be used for gaming, listening, and music production.
This digital wireless headphone provides high-quality sound and freedom from cables. It has a deep bass boost and surround sound listening options to give you more low-frequency power and a better soundstage, enhancing your listening experience. Its bass boost function helps in enhancing low tones. While the surround sound feature provides you with an even more immersive experience.
Its wireless technology can give sound quality over a 330-foot (line of sight) operational range, eliminating the need for cords. When fully charged, the RS 175 can provide up to 18 hours of usage for long gaming sessions.
The RS 175 has a comfortable closed-back, around-ear design. This design will significantly reduce ambient noise, which allows you to focus on your game. It is also built with intelligently designed controls on the left ear cup for intuitive volume control. However, just like the Sennheiser HD 599, the RS 175 is not built with a microphone, which may not be ideal for multiplayer games.
- It’s built with bass boost and surround sound features.
- It has an excellent battery that can provide you with up to 18 hours of usage.
- Sports a closed-ear design to effectively block out ambient noise.
- Wireless technology is smooth.
- Long battery life.
- Great features.
- It does not have a microphone.
- Sennheiser HD 598 – Best Design
- Premium, audiophile-grade over-ear, open-back headphones
- Lightweight with luxurious velour earpads
- Detachable 3m cable (includes 3.5mm adapter plug)
The Sennheiser HD 598 is the older version of the HD 599. But despite it being the older version, it can still pack a punch.
The HD 598 provides unparalleled value and performance. Thanks to Sennheiser’s engineering expertise, which has spanned over decades, these gaming headphones provide the sound quality, dependability, and longevity that audio professionals expect.
Aluminum voice coils in Sennheiser-designed transducers provide high efficiency, superb dynamics, and extremely low distortion. It also has an “Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement” technology that directs audio straight into your ears for a more “in-room” audio experience.
The HD 598’s open-back design gives great clarity, contributing to the remarkable tonal balance and detail. The design maintains its lightness while keeping a robust construction. However, with its open-back design, you’ll have to expect some ambient noise. This feature will offer you a more natural sound experience.
Long listening sessions are considerably more comfortable with its high-quality leatherette headband and velour-covered ear cushions.
The 50-ohm impedance is compatible with almost any audio device, allowing you to use it for almost any device. It has a single-sided, detachable 3m cable (Oxygen Free Copper) with a gold-plated 6.3mm connector and a 3.5mm adapter.
Lastly, just like the previous Sennheiser headphones mentioned, the HD 598 is also not built with a microphone.
- It has the E.A.R. technology that offers you a more “in-room” listening experience.
- It’s compatible with almost every audio device.
- It’s built with premium components that help enhance your gaming experience.
- The HD 598 has innovative acoustic engineering.
- Excellent features.
- Wide compatibility options.
- Aesthetically pleasing and comfortable design.
- Quite expensive
- It does not block out ambient noise.
- No microphone
- Sennheiser Momentum 3 – Best Overall
- Auto on-off and smart pause
- Active noise cancellation and transparent hearing
- Soft ear pads and a headband crafted from genuine leather.
- Automatic pairing mode
Among the Sennheiser gaming headphones we’ve listed, the Sennheiser Momentum 3 is one of the best.
The Momentum 3 provides an unparalleled audio experience. These headphones separate each frequency, allowing you to hear the deep bass, mids, and highs perfectly. They capture the balanced richness and accuracy of a professional recording.
This gaming headphone features an ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) system that eliminates background noise and ambient chatter, allowing you to concentrate on your game. The innovative active noise-canceling technology provides three modes, each customized for a specific environment. And, with the Transparent Hearing function, you may listen to music while remaining completely present in various settings.
With a genuine leather head strap and luxury earcups, these over-ear headphones provide outstanding comfort for individuals who have long gaming sessions. The robust matte steel arms and long-lasting coverings are also built to last.
The Sennheiser Smart Control app has three active noise cancellation modes as well as an equalizer. The Momentum 3 includes all of the features you’ll need to experience rich, detailed audio.
- The Sennheiser Momentum 3 is an excellent noise-cancelling headphone.
- It has better sound quality compared to its predecessors.
- Top-notch active noise cancellation technology.
- Offers accurate audio.
- Enhances your game performance.
- Long battery life.
- Excellent audio experience for playing video games.
- Great ANC technology.
- Comfortable build.
- It has no hard case.
- Quite expensive.
- Sennheiser HD 660 S – Best Realistic Audio
- Reference class, open-back, dynamic headphones
- Exceptional accuracy and presentation of stereo spatial characteristics
- 150-ohm nominal impedance.
- Para-aramid reinforced, detachable cables
The Sennheiser HD 660 S is one of the best gaming headphones that offers great, realistic audio. It is the legendary successor of the HD 650.
The HD 660 S is designed for everyone, whether it’s for gaming or listening, outperforming its predecessor, the iconic HD 650. The HD 660 S is extraordinarily precise and dynamically powerful, with a precise and dynamic frequency response that is well balanced.
The HD 660 S is an attractively crafted piece of German engineering that produces highly accurate and consistent sound with audio that immerses you in your game. It has a frequency response range of 10 to 41,000 Hz ( 10 dB) and an impedance of 150 ohms.
The HD 660 S features newly designed transducers with compact and lightweight aluminum voice coils paired with precision-crafted stainless steel fabric diaphragms. This combination produces remarkable transient response as well as increased control of diaphragm movement, which reduces distortion, providing you with extremely realistic audio.
It boasts a sturdy yet lightweight open-back design that enables airflow to the ears. The large elliptical ear cups are anatomically shaped with plush velour-covered ear cushions for added comfort. It also has a thick and cushioned headband, ensuring hours of excellent gaming pleasure.
- It has two connection cables to allow you to use the HD 660 S with any audio device.
- Features an open-back design for a more breathable experience.
- Built with lightweight aluminum voice coils paired with precision-crafted stainless steel fabric diaphragms for realistic audio.
- Comfortable open-back design.
- Extremely realistic audio.
- Excellent audio experience for an immersive experience.
- Has a powerful bass.
- Sennheiser HD 800 S – Best Audiophile Headphones
- Open-back, around-ear, reference-class dynamic headphones.
- 56mm ring radiator transducers
- Innovative absorber technology
- It has a unique ear cup design.
The Sennheiser HD 800 S is the best audiophile headphone from Sennheiser.
The 56mm Ring Radiator transducer is at the core of the HD 800 S’s impressive performance. It takes advantage of the air displacement of a large speaker diaphragm while maintaining the stiffness of a smaller one. As a result, the response time is extremely rapid, with excellent detail over the full frequency range. The HD 800 S delivers sound as naturally as possible, which helps to enhance your gaming experience.
The transducer system is housed in an aerospace-grade vibration-damping chassis. As a result, the undesirable energy spikes of lower frequencies are suppressed, revealing the purity of your hi-fi setup. Even the 40mm voice coil is coiled in-house to assure the finest quality form and consistency.
It has an open-ear design for a spacious, realistic soundstage. It has extremely soft earpads and a padded headband for added comfort during extended use. The innovative ear cup design sends sound waves to the ear at an angle, resulting in an incredibly natural and spacious listening experience.
Finally, it includes two cables for connecting to 6.3mm and balanced 4.4mm Pentaconn outputs used on headphone amplifiers, A/V receivers, audio interfaces, and other devices.
- It has excellent audio performance that offers the most natural and realistic sounds.
- The HD 800 features a natural sound profile.
- Features a comfortable open-ear design.
- High-performing audio.
- Well-balanced and natural sound profile.
- No noise cancellation
- No mic
What is Sennheiser?
Sennheiser is a very well-known and popular audio company that creates products that range from speakers, headphones, headsets, microphones, and other wireless equipment.
Throughout the years, Sennheiser has been producing high-quality products at varying price points in order to cater to different individuals’ needs and budgets. Not only that, but they offer a wide range of products with different features that can be used by gamers, producers, and even casual users.
Sennheiser also creates headphones and headsets with different designs. They create open-back, closed-back, over-ear, in-ear, and other designs for you to choose from. You can also choose between a wired or wireless connection. Plus, they have a wide range of connectivity options, such as Wifi wireless dongle, Bluetooth, and a 3.5mm jack connection. They also create ergonomic Sennheiser headsets and headphones.
So, whether you’re a producer that creates music, a pro, or a casual gamer, you will definitely enjoy the wide range of products to choose from. Overall, their reputation is well-deserved.
Why Should You Buy Sennheiser Gaming Headphones?
Sennheiser headphones are top quality. They provide you with a balanced and stunning audio quality that’s great for not only casual gaming but also pro gaming.
You’ll have endless options since Sennheiser offers an array of different gaming headphones, like wireless headphones. They also offer wired gaming headsets and wireless gaming headsets.
What’s the Difference Between a Sennheiser Gaming Headset and a Sennheiser Gaming Headphone?
There’s not a very big difference between a gaming headset and gaming headphones in terms of sound quality since they’re essentially almost the same. Their biggest difference is that gaming headsets have an attached microphone, while gaming headphones don’t.
Despite having almost the same sound quality, headphones have a slightly better sound quality compared to headsets, making them more preferred. The bigger question is whether you should get a wired gaming headset or a wireless gaming headset.
To help you determine which connection is best for you, check out our article about wired and wireless gaming headsets.
Are Sennheiser Headphones Worth It For Gaming?
Since the 1900s, Sennheiser has been establishing its profile. Since then, they have been recognized for producing and releasing high-performing headphones and headsets. They have the history and sound quality to back it up, as well as a stellar audio pedigree.
Their headphones are reliable and tend to outperform other headphones in the same price range. Sennheiser’s gaming headphones are among the best, and some even call them the “best gaming audio device.”
Their devices offer a natural and rich sound quality that gives justice to your games’ audio. They’re also built to be comfortable for long gaming sessions. Not to mention, they’re versatile enough to be used for producing music as well as for casual listening.
That’s a Wrap
Gaming gets even better with the use of high-quality gaming headphones. And Sennheiser proves that they’re able to provide you with an exquisite gaming experience with their headphones.
So, if you want to have a superior audio experience with detailed sounds and a spacious soundstage for your gaming endeavors, then a Sennheiser gaming headphone is the best choice.
With that being said, we hope that this list helped you narrow down your choices when choosing the best Sennheiser headphones for gaming!
If you want to check out other gaming audio devices like gaming headsets, you can check out our articles here.