Gamers use gaming headsets to enhance their overall gaming experience. This is because gaming headsets provide gamers with an immersive gaming experience with efficient features.
Getting that immersive experience doesn’t always have to have a “premium” price since there are a lot of budget gaming headsets that can offer you the same cool features an expensive gaming headset can give. Given the time that technology has been around, there are hundreds or even thousands of brands and companies that have created these awesome budget gaming headsets.
But don’t get scammed. Since there are a lot of great budget-friendly headsets, there are also bad ones. So, make sure to look out for great sound quality, a quality microphone, comfortability, noise isolation and cancellation, and of course, let’s not forget a sturdy build.
Wired Gaming Headsets
- Flip-up mic
- Premium ear cushions
- Noise isolation
- 40mm over-ear speakers
- Closed acoustic gaming headset with XL memory foam
- EPOS engineered audio
- Flexible microphone
- Intuitive volume control
- Immersive, 7.1 Surround Sound
- 50 mm drivers
- Cooling gel-infused cushions
- Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone
- In-line Audio Controls
- Padded leatherette headband
- Large 53-millimeter drivers
- Passive noise cancellation
- Detachable, noise-canceling microphone
Top 4 Best Affordable Wired Gaming Headset
- Flip-up mic – Turtle Beach’s renowned high-sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear to ensure your commands are always heard; Plus, it flips up out of the way to Mute when not in use and blends into the headset’s design
- High-quality 40mm speakers – Superior 40mm over-ear speakers produce crisp highs and thundering lows
- Lightweight comfort – A lightweight headset design ensures complete comfort during those hours-long gaming sessions featuring a padded headband and ear cushions
- Premium ear cushions – Synthetic leather-wrapped ear cushions provide added comfort, improved bass response and better noise-isolation
- Multi-platform compatibility – Designed for the Nintendo Switch, the Recon 70 also works great with Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, PS4 Pro, and PC & mobile devices with 3.5mm connection
Comfort is one of its best selling points, using a lightweight design with its padded headband. Its ear cushions offer your ears enough space and breathability for your ears to rest. And since the ear cushions are made out of synthetic leather, it is not prone to slippage, which is annoying when you’re in deep with your game.
The Recon 70 is also equipped with a flip-to-mute microphone that picks up your voice clearly which is great for chatting. It uses 40mm drivers, smaller than the other headsets, but it is still equipped with good sound performance. It may not pick up all of the games’ sound effects, however, it still picks up footsteps and gunshots pretty well.
There isn’t really much to its design — it’s simple and straightforward. This headset is pretty good — it may not be the best but you can’t say that it’s bad considering its affordable price tag.
- Great multi-platform compatibility
- Good sound quality
- No surround sound
- Cheap design
2. EPOS I Sennheiser GSP 301 Gaming Headset
- Best ” all-around” gaming headset – A high-quality gaming headset, the GSP 301 delivers the bass-heavy sound for an immersive experience and crisp, clear audio needed for team communication during intensive play.
- Closed acoustic gaming headset – The GSP 301 closed acoustic gaming headset with XL memory foam pads.
- EPOS engineered audio
- Microphone with lift-to-mute boom arm
- Intuitive volume control
- Ergonomic and stylish design
- Connectivity technology: Wired
The Sennheiser GSP 301 will elevate your pc gaming experience. While it isn’t as advanced as some of the other gaming headsets on the market, it is undoubtedly a steal!
With its closed acoustic gaming headset with XL memory foam pads that help create a comfortable acoustic seal, you can see that this budget gaming headset values quality above all else. With an immersive audio experience, this acoustic seal will help you stay focused on your game. Its EPOS-designed audio also improves the delivery of audio cues for quicker in-game replies.
With its realistic and precise audio quality, this high-grade gaming headset will undoubtedly give you an immersive sound experience. Even the tiniest sound from an approaching enemy will be audible, allowing you to locate their location in a game.
The lift-to-mute boom arm microphone on the Sennheiser GSP 301 is one of its best features. The microphone can be adjusted for optimum voice pick-up setting thanks to the flexible boom arm. Furthermore, as you lift the boom arm, the built-in microphone mutes automatically, making it easier for you to concentrate during long gaming sessions.
The headset’s intuitive volume control is an inbuilt volume wheel on the right ear cup that enables rapid adjustments while gaming, eliminating the need to exit the game to modify the volume of your game audio. The Sennheiser gaming headset also features noise cancellation technology built into the earpads to assist reduce background noises that could distract you from your game.
An innovative ball-joint hinge enables different head sizes and shapes to be adjusted. It boasts plush ear cups and an adjustable headband that are meant to keep you comfortable for long periods of time while gaming.
The GSP 301’s design is kinda old and clumsy, but its high-quality sound compensates that. And considering it is a gaming headset under 100, how can you say no to this headset?
- Ergonomic design
- Bass-heavy sound
- Intuitive volume control
- Lift-to-mute boom arm microphone
- Passive noise cancelation
- Non-detachable and adjustable microphone
3. Razer Kraken Gaming Headset
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source – The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, 2017-2021
- Immersive, 7.1 Surround Sound for Positional Audio: Outfitted with custom-tuned 50 mm drivers, capable of software-enabled surround sound (only available on Windows 10 64-bit)
- All-day Comfort: Oval, cooling gel-infused cushions that prevent overheating and pressure build-up
Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone: An improved cardioid mic reduces background and ambient noises for crystal-clear communication
- In-line Audio Controls: A built-in an analog volume control wheel and mic mute switch
- Lightweight & Durable: Made of bauxite, aluminum, the Kraken frame is flexible and designed to last
Razer Kraken is a gaming headset brand noted for its low-cost, high-quality products. They offer great gaming headsets that many gamers, especially pc gamers gravitate towards at a great value. Razer Kraken gaming headsets check most of the boxes for a good gaming headset, making them popular among gamers across platforms.
It boasts a minimalist design with a robust chassis and aluminum construction, making it an extremely durable gaming headset. And it’s all topped off with circular, cooling gel-infused cushions that keep you comfortable and avoid pressure build-up, making it a great and comfortable headset.
The Razer Kraken: Mercury Edition gaming headset features a wired connection that provides excellent sound quality for competitive gaming sessions. It is equipped with custom-tuned 50 mm drivers capable of software-enabled surround sound to offer an immersive, 7.1 surround sound experience for a realistic audio performance. Its clear and powerful sound is due to its 50 mm driver, which will provide you with excellent audio quality.
It also includes a retractable microphone that allows you to speak clearly to other players. It is of good microphone quality with its noise-canceling features which are able to limit background noise, allowing you to communicate clearly with your teammates or other players clearly.
With a minimalist design, great features, and great audio quality, it is a gaming headset that is hard to top off. We personally think that this is one of the best gaming headsets that are affordable.
- Retractable noise isolating microphone
- Great surround sound
- 50 mm driver
- High-quality audio
- Non-detachable microphone and wire
- 7.1 surround sound compatible with Windows 10 64 Bit only
4. HyperX Cloud II – Gaming Headset
- Designed for comfort: Exceptionally comfortable memory foam ear cushions and padded leatherette headband help keep you focused on gaming
- Supreme audio quality: Large 53-millimeter drivers provide high-quality audio. Hear in-game details better and get the in-game advantage on your opponents
- 7.1 virtual surround sound: Truly immerse yourself in your games with hardware-driven virtual 7.1 surround sound for precisely located audio
- Passive noise cancellation: The closed ear cup design blocks out outside distractions to keep you in the game
Built to last: The solid, durable aluminum frame is built to withstand the blows of daily use
Detachable, noise-canceling microphone: TeamSpeak and Discord certified so you can chat with your friends and your callouts will be heard loud and clear
- Compatibility: 7.1 virtual surround sound on PC & Mac. Stereo on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices
The HyperX Cloud II is another great affordable gaming headset that has decent sound and a simple design.
It features a detachable mic that has a noise-canceling feature. It is both TeamSpeak and Discord certified to ensure that you’re able to chat with your friends and teammates with clear and precise audio. Additionally, the mic helps to reduce unwanted background noise that may be distracting when heard from your friends’ lines.
The Cloud II was designed to have a low tenancy and wired USB connection, making it suitable for both gaming and watching movies. It has a balanced audio reproduction using its large 53-millimeter drivers to provide high-quality audio.
This wired gaming headset was also built to be comfortable and sturdy with its comfortable memory foam ear cushions, padded leatherette headband, and durable aluminum frame. This kind of build will ensure that this headset is built to last whilst giving you optimum comfort for long gaming sessions. However, its design is not the most breathable.
This headset is a great gaming headset, although it does lack overall noise cancellation — meaning, they aren’t great for travel if you want a quiet travel experience.
- Great audio
- Decent mic quality
- Lacks noise isolation
- Not breathable
- Not glasses-friendly
Wireless Gaming Headsets
- Features SteelSeries lossless 2.4 GHz wireless connection
- Detachable clear cast noise-canceling microphone
- Discord Certified
- Steel-reinforced headband
- Gaming-grade wireless connection
- Immersive in-game audio
- Adjustable steel sliders
- Swivel-to-mute noise-canceling mic
- 50mm high-density neodymium audio drivers
- Breathable microfiber mesh fabric
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Aluminum Yokes
- 2.4G+Bluetooth 5.0
- Ultra-low latency 2.4GHz lossless wireless
- 50mm driver
- 48-hour battery life and fast USB-C charging
Top 4 Best Affordable Wireless Gaming Headset
1. SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless Gaming Headset
- Features SteelSeries lossless 2.4 GHz wireless for ultra-low-latency wireless connectivity on PC and PS4
- Take the same gaming-grade wireless audio on the go using the compact and portable USB-C dongle on your Nintendo Switch and lite, and Android phones
- Detachable clear cast noise-canceling microphone with natural-sounding clarity, Discord Certified
- Same high-performance speaker drivers as the multi-award winning Arctis 7
- Steel-reinforced headband for a perfect fit and lasting durability
The SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless is one of the best wireless gaming headsets that won’t break the bank. It is equipped with nearly everything that stands out from the rest of the SteelSeries headsets. The only difference is that the Arctis 1 is a simplified version of the more expensive SteelSeries headsets.
It is equipped with a low tenancy over a non-Bluetooth wireless connection. This will ensure that you won’t have syncing issues. The Arctis 1 also has a well-balanced sound profile which offers you better sound quality even when voices are present.
One of the key features of this wireless headset is that it includes an app that is equipped with a graphic EQ and audio presets which you can customize to get many different sounds.
Designed with a comfortable fit to ensure comfortable gaming even after long hours. It is also built with a detachable microphone that allows you to talk to teammates loud and clear. The detachable mic with a 3.5mm connection also allows you to travel with this wireless gaming headset to use with your Switch.
This is among the best wireless gaming headsets in this price range. So even though it isn’t as good as its Arctis siblings, the Arctis 1 is still a good wireless headset that you can find at this price point. Plus, this headset also has a cheaper wired version.
- Detachable mic
- Seamless wireless connection
- Subpar microphone
- Not as sturdy
2. HyperX Cloud Stinger Core – Wireless Gaming Headset
- 2.4GHz gaming-grade wireless connection.
- Immersive in-game audio: The closed-cup design will help block out distractions while the 40-millimeter drivers and enhanced bass.
Adjustable steel sliders
- Onboard audio controls.
- Swivel-to-mute noise-canceling mic
- Compatible with PS5, PS4, PS4 Pro: Wireless gaming audio ideal for PlayStation systems and also compatible with PC.
HyperX Cloud is a brand that creates high-quality, low-cost gaming headsets. The majority of their headsets, like the HyperX Cloud II, are wired, but they do have some wireless options, such as the HyperX Cloud Stinger Core and the HyperX Cloud Flight.
With its robust 2.4GHz gaming-grade wireless connection, the HyperX Cloud Stinger Core is a headset that will free you from wires. It includes immersive in-game audio with a closed-cup design to block out distractions, as well as 40 mm drivers and improved bass to keep you engrossed in your game. It boasts its excellent sound quality and is capable of effectively isolating background noise.
The HyperX Cloud Stinger Core also includes onboard audio controls that let you modify volume without having to navigate through system settings, making it much easier to use while gaming.
Moreover, it includes a noise-canceling microphone that can be quickly disabled by swiveling it upwards, giving you a clear line of communication with your team. This is another among the best gaming wireless headsets on this list.
- Detectable microphone
- Noise-canceling mic
- Durable build
- Wireless connection
- No sound customization
3. Corsair VOID RGB Elite Wireless Premium Gaming Headset
- Premium custom-tuned 50mm high-density neodymium Audio drivers with an expanded frequency range of 20Hz-30,000Hz
- Constructed for enduring comfort through long gaming sessions with breathable microfiber mesh fabric and plush memory foam earpads
- An omnidirectional microphone picks up your voice with exceptional clarity with a flip-up mute function and a built-in LED mute indicator
- Built to last through years of gaming with durable construction and aluminum Yokes
- 7.1 surround sound not supported with Apple M1 Chip devices.
The Corsair VOID is a wireless gaming headset that is a hybrid of high-performance capabilities at a low cost. This Corsair white gaming headset features 7.1 surround sound and incredible RGB lighting.
The premium custom-tuned 50mm high-density neodymium audio drivers with an increased frequency range of 20Hz-30,000Hz can pick up everything from the faintest of footsteps to the loudest thundering explosions. This will enhance your gaming experience by bringing the audio in your games to life.
The Corsair VOID also has an on-ear control with a volume slider and a mute button on the microphone. The omnidirectional microphone, which has a flip-up mute mechanism and a built-in LED mute indicator, picks up your voice with remarkable clarity.
It has a sturdy metal frame and soft and breathable microfiber mesh fabric, as well as luxurious memory foam earpads. The band can also be adjusted to accommodate any size head. It’s well-made, yet the metal frame is a drawback because it can be uncomfortable when worn for extended periods.
The RGB lighting of this wireless gaming headset can be adjusted using the iCUE app, which allows you to tailor and match the colorful LEDs. The iCUE app may also be used to control the headset’s surround sound and monitor the battery level. The app’s drawback is that it may be a little slow.
- Customizable RGB lighting
- 7.1 surround sound
- Flip-to-mute microphone
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Great build quality
- Feels heavy on the head after long hours of gaming
- Non-detachable microphone
4. BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset
- High-Performance 2.4G+Bluetooth 5.0: BINNUNE wireless gaming headset combines high performance 2.4 GHz lossless wireless for Pro-level gaming audio on PlayStation and PC, with the convenience of simultaneous Bluetooth connectivity for most of your mobile devices.
- Ultra-Low Latency Wireless Gaming: Features ultra-low latency 2.4GHz lossless wireless for high fidelity audio, the audio latency is less than 38ms which is far better than Bluetooth 150ms, no audio and video to be out of sync issue, so you can enjoy an immersive lag-free wireless gaming experience.
- Hear Every Detail: The 50mm driver plus 2.4G lossless wireless emphasizes both subtle and critical in-game background sounds, allowing you to hear every detail, so you will never miss a step or shot during game playing.
- Extraordinary Battery Life: Thanks to the impressive 48-hour battery life and fast USB-C charging, the BINNUE gaming headset is ideal for listening to music or playing long session video games throughout the day on a single charge.
Last on our list is another great gaming headset, the BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset. It offers you great value for your money with multiple great features at a very low cost.
The BINNUNE gaming headset is a wireless headset that uses a 2.4 GHz lossless wireless connection to allow you to game at a professional level, especially if you’re using a Playstation or PC. It is also equipped with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 to allow you to connect your headset to modern devices such as your mobile device.
Featuring its ultra-low latency 2.4GHz lossless wireless connection which offers you high fidelity audio to ensure that your audio does not have lagging or syncing issues. This allows you to enjoy an immersive and lag-free gaming experience.
Its 50-mm drive combined with the 2.4G lossless wireless conenction will ensure that even the lightest of sound in your game will be heard. Footsteps, gunshots, and more will be very clear when you use this gaming headset.
This wireless gaming headset is made with a simple design with black and red accents. The headset’s lightweight design and comfortable earmuff allow you to immerse yourself in the games for lengthy periods of time without becoming fatigued. The ability to adjust the volume and mic is also quite convenient since the left ear cup has the volume up/down, power ON/OFF, and mic ON/OFF controls.
The BINNUNE gaming headset is also equipped with a microphone. The noise-canceling feature of the microphone eliminates ambient noise and properly picks up your voice, resulting in a crisp and natural-sounding voice.
This headset has a wide range of devices it can connect to. The BINNUNE wireless gaming headset is compatible via 2.4GHz wireless connection on PC, PlayStation; 3.5mm audio jack is compatible with PC, Mac, laptop, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, cell phones, and VR. Bluetooth is compatible with most of your Bluetooth-enabled devices.
Lastly, the battery life is also one of its greater features — with up to 48 hours of constant wireless use, allowing you to game two days and nights on a single charge.
- 2.4GHz lossless wireless connection
- Noise isolation
- Great value for your money
- Not as comfortable
Things To Consider When Buying Affordable Gaming Headsets
One of the top things to consider when buying a gaming headset is its audio quality. Having good audio quality is what makes your game much more immersive.
We recommend you get a headset that has surround sound features. Not to confuse you with 3D sound, but surround sound is a common feature of headsets, unlike 3D sound. Surround sound can offer up to a 360-degree soundscape. This makes you hear enemies coming from behind you, footsteps, gunshots, and many more. Thus, having surround sound is a premium feature.
Microphones can be often overlooked, however, it’s just as important as audio, especially when talking to teammates or friends in a chatroom.
Find a microphone that has a decent microphone. Just don’t get too caught up in finding a recording headset quality since this is rare in gaming headsets.
A comfortable headset is a good headset. This is because playing games can take up a lot of time, Which means you’ll be wearing a headset for long periods. Who would want to wear something uncomfortable for a long period? So if you have the chance to try out the headset before purchase, then do so.
Make sure that the headset you purchase is compatible with the platforms and systems you typically use.
Your headsets build quality is incredibly important. Make sure that they last long and can withstand any bumps and drops.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gaming Headsets
Should I Buy a Gaming Headset?
Buying a gaming headset or not depends on an individual. Whether you want to enhance your gaming experience and such.
Is It Worth It?
It is definitely worth it in my opinion as it enhances your gaming experience and makes you feel as if you’re really inside the game. Plus, it is also a great addition to any gaming setup to have a gaming headset. There are a lot of budget-friendly and expensive options to choose from that offer different features. So, take your time and choose the one that you’ll like the most.
What are The Best Brands for Gaming Headsets?
We highly recommend SteelSeries, HyperX Cloud, Corsair, and Razer Kraken. These brands are the most popular among gamers since these brands offer a lot of different types of gaming headsets that are also equipped with many different features. These features are what enhance a gamer’s experience when gaming. And since they offer many different kinds of headsets, you’ll for sure find one that would fit your preferences.
Wired or Wireless
This depends on which you would prefer. Both have their pros and cons but ultimately, the final decision is up to you. However, I prefer a wireless headset rather than a wired one since a wireless one helps lessen the clutter and is much more efficient for me.
There are a lot of affordable gaming headsets on the market but not every affordable headset is good. Therefore, we’ve listed for you our top 8 gaming headsets that won’t break the bank and have many great features.
Roel Mahalin is the founder of Techzumo. His hobby is playing video games. He’s always on the lookout for new deals to share with his readers, so he can make sure they don’t miss out on anything good! He decided to use his experience and what he has learned to provide individuals informative content about these new technologies.