The majority of gamers spend a ton of time on their chairs playing games on their gaming laptop or console. Extended unsupported sitting can lead to mild to severe back pains and bad posture. So, if you’re a gamer who has experienced back pains and poor posture, then we think it’s time for you to look for the best gaming chair for your back pain that can help you play more comfortably.
Investing in a good gaming chair for back pain can help you to prevent severe consequences that could happen in the long run. Not only will it help with your back pains, but it can also enhance your gaming experience.
These gaming chairs are an essential part of gaming. It is key when you’re building your gaming setup. They provide you with comfort and an enhanced gaming experience that you won’t be able to get with your standard computer chair.
Therefore, we created this guide for you to help you find the best gaming chair for you and your back pains.
Homall Gaming Chair Office
- Class 3 gas lift
- Can support up to 300lbs
- Features a rocking function
GTRACING Gaming Chair
- Uses a black leatherette and carbon fiber material
- Large angle adjuster
- Class 3 gas lift cylinder
- Multi-adjustable 3D armrests
RESPAWN 110 Chair
- 4D adjustable
- Full 360-degrees of swivel rotation
Shuanghu Gaming Chair
- Comfortable buttocks cushion
- S-shaped wrap design backrest
OHAHO Gaming Chair
- Innovative implant USB electric massage
- High-security explosion-proof gas spring
Polar Aurora Gaming Chair
- Features 5 casters
- SGS tested for the gas lift
- BIFMA tested for the 5-star base
RESPAWN RSP-900 Racing Style
- Removable side pouch
- Built-in cupholder
- Recline up to 135-degrees
- 360-degree swivel base
X Rocker Pro Series H3
- Four forward-facing speakers
- Audio force modulation technology
- Ported power subwoofers
- Vibration motors
Top 8 Best Gaming Chair for Back Pain
1. Homall Gaming Chair Office
- Great value for your money
- Comfortable and fits the contours of your body
- Skin-friendly and wear-resisting material
- Class 3 gas lift
- Excellent build quality
- Non-adjustable armrests.
- Selected Material: High-density shaping foam, more comfortable, elasticity resilience, and service life. 1.8mm thick steel frame, more sturdy and stable. PU Leather, skin-friendly, and wear-resisting.
- Upgraded Configuration: Class 3 gas lift, durable, reliable and supports up to 300lbs. Rubber casters, rolling quietly and tested by 1000 miles rolling.
- Multi-Function: 360-degree swivel and multi-direction wheels, load capacity: 300-pound maximum weight capacity. Recline function. Between 90 to 180 degrees. Rocking function: the chair can rock back and forth when you adjust the knob beneath the seat.
- Dimension: Size of back: 22.5 inches and 30.5 inches. Size of seat: 14.5 inches and 20.5 inches. Seat adjustable height: 17.3 to 21.5 inches.
- Wide Usage: This gaming chair is suitable for you to play computer games, watch shows, do the work, and have a rest. It will make your space more modern and elegant.
Homall is a brand that offers one of the best gaming chair for back pain. They specifically designed this gaming chair to fit your body’s natural contours. It was made out of a high-density shaping foam to ensure that you get maximum comfort. It was also made with high-quality PU leather that is both skin-friendly and is wear-resisting.
The Homall Gaming Chair was built using a 1.8mm thick steel frame and can support up to 300lbs to ensure its durability. The chair is manufactured with single tested rubber casters to assist silent and smooth-rolling while moving and has a gas lift (class 3) that makes it sturdy and reliable.
Another feature that we like about this gaming chair is its 360-degree swivel and multi-direction wheels. It also has a reclining feature that can recline between 90 to 180-degrees. And to ensure an even more comfortable chair, this Homall Gaming Chair can rock back and forth when you adjust the knob beneath the seat.
Homall did a great job with this gaming chair and is one of the best among the chairs on this list.
2. GTRACING Gaming Chair
- 3D armrests
- Robust backrest
- Height adjustable headrest and lumbar pillow
- Not exactly great for heavier individuals
- Plastic base
- Non-padded armrests
- This GTRACING gaming chair is wrapped in black leatherette and carbon fiber in a sleek, race-inspired shape, providing an immersive gaming experience.
- Ergonomic design helps you maintain a neutral, balanced posture and reduce your pressure and pain.
- Well-padded seat, lumbar & headrest cushions make extended gaming sessions more enjoyable.
- A large angle adjuster provides perfect angle support from 90 to 160 degrees to suit all your needs.
- Fully adjustable – Class 3 gas lift cylinder for height adjustment; multi-adjustable 3D armrests; adjustable tilt rock tension.
- High-quality materials – Durable metal frame, supportive molded foam, soft PU leather, and smooth-rolling casters.
- Complete your gaming setup now with all kinds of GTRACING gaming gears!
GTRacing is a well-known brand among the gaming chair community for its high-quality and affordable gaming chairs. So, we can’t make a list of gaming chairs without a GTRacing one. The GTRacing gaming chair is a racing-style gaming chair that is equipped with a lot of great features that won’t break the bank.
Featuring its ergonomic design — from its padded seating that is wrapped in black leatherette and carbon fiber to its adjustable armrests, seat height, and of course, a retractable footrest. This design encourages good sitting habits by assisting you in maintaining a stable, relaxed sitting position while also reducing pressure and discomfort. Long gaming sessions can considerably be more comfortable thanks to the well-padded headrest and lumbar support cushions.
The chair also has a huge angle adjuster that allows for optimal angle support from 90 degrees to 170 degrees. The 3D armrests can swing in and out to support your arms while typing, in addition to being height adjustable. We particularly like the extra neck cushion that can move up to 4-inches′ vertically.
The GTRacing gaming chair is one of the best chairs for back pain since it has a very robust backrest that can tile and recline to almost 170-degrees horizontally. And even at its highest recline, you can still use the rocking function of this gaming chair. This helps to create consistent micro motions in your back, relieving strain on your tailbone.
This gaming chair offers almost everything that a high-end gaming chair would offer at this price tag. The GTRacing gaming chair is definitely a must-try especially if you’re looking for the best cheap gaming chair.
3. RESPAWN 110 Chair
- Extremely comfortable
- Adjustable armrests and headrest
- Padded retractable footrest
- 4D Armrests
- Great value for your money
- Deflation of cushion over time
- Bonded Leather
- Ergonomic comfort: With segmented padded designed to give highly contoured support when and where you need it most, this ergonomic chair is also equipped with an extendable footrest for position reinforcement. Adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows, as well as padded armrests, provide all-around comfort.
- Premium make: Upholstered in bold, contrasting colors but maintaining a professional look, this gamer chair can also be used as an office chair. The gaming chair includes a 275-pound weight capacity for long-lasting use.
- 4D adjustability: Find your optimal position by raising or lowering your chair and reclining between 90 – 155 degrees with infinite locking positions. Soft, padded armrests pivot with the chair as it reclines. Full 360 degrees of swivel rotation enable dynamic movement.
- We’ve got your back: An award-nominated brand, RESPAWN is committed to your satisfaction and covers this video game chair with the RESPAWN 5-Year Limited Warranty, and dedicated, year-round representative support.
The brand, Respawn, is another well-known gaming chair brand that offers the best value chairs in the gaming chair market. You’ll be shocked by how well-made their chairs are since they can almost compete with more expensive chairs.
With that being said, their RSP-110 gaming chair is a racing-style gaming chair that has most of the things you’ll need to enhance your gaming experience. It is also ergonomically designed with its segmented padded design that is designed to support the contours of your body. It is also equipped with a retractable footrest that is made with very thick padding that allows your legs and feet to relax while you’re gaming.
This gaming chair also has adjustable lumbar support pillows and padded armrests and a headrest for optimum comfort. The RSP-110 gaming chair is also very flexible as the seat can be reclined 90 to 155-degrees with infinite locking positions. It also features a full 360 degrees of swivel rotation to enable dynamic movement.
Respawn made the RSP-110 with a premium touch with bold colors and a professional look so you can use it anywhere — from your gaming setup to your workplace. It is one of the best gaming chairs available on the market.
4. Shuanghu Gaming Chair
- Can support up to 300lbs
- Ergonomically designed
- Easy to assemble
- Between the bolts and the fabric, a piece of cardboard is required
- Selected Material:1.8mm thick steel frame, more sturdy and stable. The cushion is made from a high-density environmental sponge, comfortable elasticity resilience, and service life. high-quality PU leather, skin-friendly, and wear-resisting.
- Ergonomic design and comfortable: Neck-protecting headrest design, comfortable and wide lumbar pillow can close to the back, comfortable buttocks cushion, S-shaped wrap design backrest.
- Multi-Function Design: The lifting function is suitable for tables below 90cm, 360-degree swivel, and multi-direction wheels, Recline function:90-150 degree backrest multi-angle adjustment.
- Dimension:seat-height adjustment: 16.1″-19.3″, Seating area dimension:19.7″X21.7″ , Backrest size: 22.4″X31.3″.load capacity: 300-pound maximum weight capacity.
- Easy assemble: With step-by-step instructions provided in the package or the installation video on the detail page, it takes about 15-30 minutes to set up the chair normally.
When gaming, one of the worst things to happen aside from dying or losing in your game is having a gaming chair that isn’t comfortable. The Shuanghu Ergonomic Gaming Chair is one of those gaming chairs that you’ll want to add to your gaming setup.
The Shuanghu gaming chair is a very durable gaming chair — having a 1.8mm thick steel frame that is extremely durable and a cushion that is made from a high-density environmental sponge to enhance your gaming experience. Its upholstery is made of high-quality PU leather that is both skin-friendly and wear-resisting.
This chair’s base has 5 robust casters with 360-degrees rotating capability that can withstand weight pressure for long periods of time. To boost stability, they feature a strengthened explosion-proof chassis.
This gaming chair is exceptionally comfortable, with a neck-protecting headrest design and a large lumbar support pillow that can close to the back. It also has a soft buttocks cushion to enhance its comfort. It also includes a backrest with an S-shaped wrap design.
One of the highlights of this gaming chair is its lifting feature for tables under 90cm, 360-degree swivel, and multi-direction wheels. Lastly, it also has a reclining function with multi-angle backrest adjustment from 90 to 150 degrees.
5. OHAHO Gaming Chair
- Great value for your money
- Extremely comfortable
- Superb lumbar support cushion
- Great build quality
- Firm seat cushion
- Quality Material Premium PU leather (skin-friendly and clean easily), high-density thicker sponge (high resilience and more comfortable), Mute PU wheel (protect the wooden floors from being scratched).
- High-security explosion-proof gas spring of international standards, metal frame makes a superb stable structure, heavy-duty chair base with castors make a superb stable structure.
- Multi-function 90-180 degree adjustable backrest, Seat-height and armrest adjustable,360° swivel round base, Tilt lock function, retractable footrest, removable headrest pillow, and lumbar cushion
- Excellent after-sales Service Free replacement or money back for any reason within 30 days. Free replacement for damaged or defective parts within 12 months. Any dissatisfaction with our products or service, please contact us to solve.
The OHAHO gaming chair is another gaming chair that is a racing-style gaming chair. Just like most of the gaming chairs on this list, the OHAHO gaming chair is also ergonomically designed with its innovative implant USB electric massage allows the lumbar support cushion to relieve fatigue.
It also features a multi-function 90-180 degree adjustable backrest to ensure lumbar support and healthy sitting positions. It is a great chair for back support. In addition, its seat and armrests are also adjustable, which adds to this gaming chairs’ flexibility. Featuring its other great features such as the 360° swivel round base, tilt lock function, retractable footrest, removable headrest pillow, and built-in lumbar support.
This gaming chair was made with high-quality PU leather that is both skin-friendly and is easy to clean. It also uses a high-density foam as well as a mute PU wheel that protects wooden floors from being scratched.
In terms of durability, the OHAHO gaming chair was built with a high-security explosion-proof gas spring of international standards. It also has a metal frame that offers a superb stable structure. The heavy-duty chair base with castors makes an excellent stable structure.
OHAHO gaming chairs will ensure that you’re comfortable even when you’ve been sitting for a long. So, even if you spend hours gaming or working, you won’t feel fatigued. And with its design, it is also one of the best office chairs/gaming chairs.
6. Polar Aurora Gaming Chair
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to assemble
- Can support up to 300lbs
- The plastic base is not very strong
- Smooth & quiet: Polar Aurora Gaming Chair comes with 5 casters that can roll smoothly and keep quiet even on the hard floor. It also passed the 1,000-mile rolling test
- Safety & comfort: Our game chair passed the SGS test for the gas lift and BIFMA test for the 5-star base. the MAX weight capacity is 300lbs.//Our cushions are made of racing-specific PU leather and high-density native-shaped sponges, which have moderate hardness and comfortable rebound.
- Multi-function: This Video Game Chair equipped with an ergonomically designed backrest, lumbar pillow, and headrest, can fully wrap your body curve, effectively relieve backpressure. The backrest is reclined at a large angle between 90-160 degrees, allowing you to lie down comfortably and instantly recover your strength during the intense and exciting game gap
Polar Aurora created a gaming chair that fits perfectly in our list of best gaming chairs for back pain. You probably wouldn’t notice any noise when going over the carpets, tiles, or wood floor because it has 5 casters that allow it to roll smoothly and quietly even on hard floors.
The gas lift on this gaming chair passed the SGS test, while the 5-star base passed the BIFMA test. It can support a maximum weight of 300 pounds. The cushions are constructed of PU leather designed for racing and high-density native-shaped sponges with a slight firmness and nice rebound. The seat’s design encourages a healthy sitting position and decreases fatigue.
The backrest, lumbar pillow, and headrest on this Polar Aurora gaming chair are ergonomically designed to entirely surround your body’s contours and effectively relieve back discomfort. The backrest can also be reclined at a wide range of 90-160 degrees, allowing you to lie down comfortably. The tall backrest of this gaming chair guarantees that your neck and back are properly aligned and supported.
Although Polar Aurora is not a very well-known gaming chair brand, they still serve their purpose of creating excellent gaming chairs at a reasonable price. This gaming chair is also a solid pick for both gamers and non-gamers since it’s also a chair great for lounging and just watching movies.
7. RESPAWN RSP-900 Racing Style
- Extendable footrest
- Can support up to 275lbs
- Has a built-in cup holder
- Features a removable side pouch
- Has no height adjustment features
- Bonded Leather
- Console gaming comfort is provided by a plush removable headrest pillow and segmented padding that lead to the ultimate experience — a fully functional gaming recliner that lets you level up while laying back.
- Continuous surface with independent controls. The chair and footrest are a continuous surface, with no open spaces to get wires caught, but operate independently to give you total control over your gaming chair experience. Features a 275 lb weight capacity.
- Recline with confidence. Comfortably recline up to 135-degrees and feel secure because the 360-degree swivel base provides sturdy support for both the extendable footrest and reclining back — allowing you to focus on your foes, not your balance.
- Award-nominated brand, RESPAWN is committed to your satisfaction.
Another Respawn gaming chair, but instead for pc gaming, the RSP-900 was designed for console gaming. So, if you’re a console gamer, then the RSP-900 is a must-try gaming chair.
This gaming chair does not have all of the adjustments that a pc gaming chair would have, however, this chair is still equipped with a lot of padding and other ergonomic features. It is equipped with a removable headrest pillow and segmented padding. Its segmented padding is designed to fit the contours of your body so that it can adjust to your movements.
Efficiency is also one of these gaming chairs’ highlights. With its removable side pouch that hangs off the left arm to keep game controllers close and even a cupholder built into the left arm so you don’t have to pause the gaming action to refuel.
When you get tired from gaming, you can recline the chair up to 135-degrees. The RSP-900 also features a 360-degree swivel base that provides you with sturdy support for both the extendable footrest and reclining back. It also includes an extended footrest that relieves pressure on your legs and feet.
Overall, the RSP-900 is a great console gaming chair that provides you with both efficiency and comfortability.
8. X Rocker Pro Series H3
- Space-saving design
- Immersive audio and vibration system
- Compatible with numerous gaming consoles
- Comfortable design
- Easy to assemble
- Uses vinyl which is easy to clean
- Non-adjustable armrests
- No height adjustment features
- Upholstery isn’t very durable
- All-purpose gaming chair: A leather lounging game chair can be used for playing video games, watching movies and TV, listening to music, reading, and relaxing.
- Complete media experience: The chair incorporates four forward-facing speakers, audio force modulation technology, and ported power subwoofers into the open space inside the chair for full immersion in your game, movie, or music.
- Additional vibration motors: The Pro Series H3 includes additional vibration motors that sync with your audio’s bass tones to create an even more powerful full-body sensation keeping you comfortable and entertained for hours.
- Compatibility: Compatible with Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Wii, MP3s, DVDs, and most other gaming systems. Weight capacity 275 lbs.
- Connects with multiple chairs: Control panel includes separate volume and bass controls, and input and output jacks for connecting to your audio source so other X-Rocker chairs can join in multi-game mode.
Just like the RSP-900, the X Rocker Pro is also a great console gaming chair. Unlike typical gaming chairs, the X Rocker Pro is a gaming chair that was designed to sit flat on the floor. It also creates a healthier and more enjoyable console gaming experience. It may resemble a bean bag chair, but don’t be fooled by its appearance.
The X Rocker Pro is known to provide you with an immersive gaming experience as it allows you to connect it to your gaming systems such as your PlayStation or Xbox. The gaming chair is equipped with a powerful subwoofer and four front-facing speakers with audio modulation technology. It also has vibration motors that directly sync up with your games’ audio to provide you with an immersive gaming experience.
It also boasts a control panel with separate volume and bass settings, as well as input and output jacks for connecting to your audio source and joining other X-Rocker chairs in multi-game mode.
In terms of construction and material, the chair’s base is made of solid wood. It’s also made of cushioned vinyl that won’t discolor or tear easily. The chair may be folded in half for easy storage.
The X Rocker Pro is also a versatile gaming chair because you can use it for other purposes aside from gaming. You can also use it for reading and watching TV. Overall, this is one of the best gaming chairs you can buy.
What is an Ergonomic Gaming Chair?
An object that is “ergonomically designed” means that the object is designed for efficiency and comfort in any working environment.
An ergonomic gaming chair, then, means that it was specifically designed to best support your body. This means that an ergonomic chair can support your back, legs, arms, and neck. Not to mention that an ergonomic gaming chair can also help with your posture and ensure that your body is well supported to avoid any discomfort.
Why Should You Buy an Ergonomic Gaming Chair?
As a gamer who may be playing games on their chairs for long hours at a time, you might begin to experience discomfort, back pains, and sores. This may be the beginning of long-term illnesses such as back pain, spinal dysfunction, joint degeneration, rounded shoulders and even getting a potbelly.
These can be avoided if you make a few adjustments to your lifestyle — you can start by fixing your posture when gaming. However, it can be a hassle to keep fixing your posture on a standard chair, hence why you should purchase and invest in a good ergonomic gaming chair to ensure that your getting the best support for your body.
How to Choose The Best Ergonomic Gaming Chair?
When choosing the best gaming chair, there are several factors you should consider. Below, we’ve listed the top 5 things you need to consider before buying a gaming chair.
A gaming chairs’ comfort level is one of the most important factors you should consider when buying a gaming chair since you’re probably going to sit on it for long periods.
When purchasing gaming chairs for back pain, you have to make sure that the gaming chair has sufficient padding and the contours of the chair fit your body to ensure a perfect fit.
You shouldn’t also forget that the gaming chair should also have a lumbar support system as this can help to align your back properly, unlike other standard chairs on the market.
A few other features you should look for to ensure that the chair will offer optimum comfort are adjustable back support, armrests, neck support, and even a retractable footrest. Although these are not specially required, but if you want to get the best support for your body when you’re gaming, then having these features would be a great choice on your end.
For newbies in the gaming industry, you might ask what is lumbar support. Well, the natural inward bend of the lower back is supported by lumbar back support, which essentially fills in the gap between the lumbar spine and the seat.
This is why having a lumbar support system on your gaming chair will help with your back pain since it helps keep your back in alignment. This can significantly avoid any severe back pains and you won’t feel too much discomfort even when you’ve been playing games for a long period.
It is another feature you should look for in gaming chairs for back pain. A lot of gaming chairs offer a lot of flexibility in terms of height adjustability and tilt, but some are limited. Therefore, ensure that the gaming chair you purchase has a lot of flexibility and adjustment features.
Having adjustment features will allow you to find the best gaming position that won’t result to back pains.
Build and Durability
A gaming chairs’ build is an important factor when looking for the best gaming chair for back pain, especially if it has adjustable components. For some gaming chairs that are not built well or use non-durable materials, the chair could easily break.
Let’s admit that ergonomic gaming chairs are not exactly cheap, so if you’re already investing your money on a gaming chair, make sure that you’re getting your money’s worth. Make sure that the gaming chair is durable and is built to last for many years.
Also, don’t forget to look for a chair that comes with a warranty.
Gaming chairs are not exactly cheap but there are some great affordable gaming chairs that won’t break the bank. Most gaming chairs can range up to a few hundred dollars to even a thousand. So, make sure that you’re choosing a gaming chair that will fit your budget but is still of high quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Gaming Chairs Help with Back Pain?
Compared to your standard office chair, gaming chairs are much more comfortable since it is designed to help relieve back pain from gaming for too long. They are also designed to support your back, shoulders, neck, and head. Most gaming chairs are adjustable so you can adjust them to fit your body better. They’re also equipped with lumbar support that supports the natural inward bend of your lower back to avoid lower back pain.
Which is Better, A Soft or Hard Gaming Chair?
A chair with more firmness will certainly provide greater back support. A soft chair may be comfy to sit in, but it is more likely to cause poor posture. Harder chairs provide appropriate support for your back’s natural curve.
When you’re sitting, the gaming chair should ensure that your back is in an S-shape which firm chairs typically provide. With softer chairs, it’ll result in a C-shape which is unhealthy for your back.
With firmer and harder gaming chairs, they will help reduce lower back strain and stress while also encouraging good posture.
Final Thoughts – Is an Ergonomic Gaming Chair Worth Buying?
Yes, it is a 100% great investment on your part, especially if you’re an avid gamer. Prioritizing your health is very important and having a gaming chair that can help support your body while you’re gaming will benefit you in the long run.
We hope that you were able to find the perfect gaming chair for you in this guide!